Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas 2006

For years, I owned a washer with a colorful personality, and her antics traditionally introduced my holiday letters. with the purchase of a front loading jobbie, I thought those frivolities were all washed up. However, I recently stumbled on The Laundry Theory of Relativity, which is that each additional person increases the laundry by three. When Corey and I married, I naively assumed that the addition of one person would mean twice as much laundry. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that there was four times as much laundry. I concluded that it was due to the fact that Corey was larger than me. One of his shirts equals three of mine in sheer real estate. Ha. When Alex was born, I naively assumed that since he is small he would increase the laundry load by a small factor. It turns out no diaper effectively contains baby mustard, and his emissions produce abundant laundry.

No comments: