Saturday, February 7, 2015

Christmas 2010

Funny things the kids said or did this year:

On TV, they were comparing the popularity of the Democratic, Republican and Tea Parties. Alex says, “Poppan (grandpa) needs to be in the Coffee Party.”

...

Alex has a friend named Mac. They were playing in the basement, and I reminded them to stay in the play area before I left them alone. When I checked on them later,  they were in the food storage area. Mac had flour all over his face, in his eye lashes, all over his shirt and was choking and gagging on it.

Flour was dusted all over the floor. They had been eating FLOUR by the fist-full! Later, Mac came crying upstairs, “Alex hit me.” I questioned Alex, “Did you hit Mac?” “Yes,” he admitted, “I hit him back.” They both got a time out.

Later, when Mac went home, I stopped in to let his mother know what the boys had been up to. Mac confessed to his mother, “We got in trouble.”

“Oh,” she said, “What did you do?”

Mac answered, “I hit Alex last.”

...

We were out for a walk. Alex tripped and fell on the sidewalk. After he got up he said, “I was testing my gravity skills.”

...

Alex flew a paper airplane across the chapel during the Stake President’s talk. I’d given him paper to color and he sweet-talked the lady next to us into folding it into a paper airplane. Next thing I know, it is arching gracefully across the chapel. It slid to a stop next to the Bishop’s wife. Of course, we sit in the second row from the front, so pretty much everyone saw its maiden – and final – flight.

...

We rode in a combine. What fun! Eli (19 months) kept screaming, “MAAAMmower!” (lawnmower) and gesturing wildly every time he saw the other tractor or any other piece of heavy equipment. Alex enjoyed it too.

No comments: